EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY IN UGANDA
The Centre for Research in Energy and Energy Conservation (CREEC) is a not-for-profit organisation for applied research, training and consultancy, located at the College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology (CEDAT) within Makerere University Kampala, Uganda.
CREEC is working in the thematic areas of Rural Electrification, Energy for Productive use, Household energy, Energy Efficiency, Energy Entrepreneurship and Testing Services for cook stoves and solar PV. The centre aims at enhancing access to modern types of energy within Uganda and the entire East African region.
CREEC is looking for dynamic volunteers and interns to beef up the Publicity and Marketing section to further enhance our presence and service delivery to our vast clientele. Interested persons are invited to apply as detailed below:
- 1. Job Title: Intern Publicity and Marketing
- 2. No. of vacancies: 02
- 3. Line Manager: Administrative assistant
- 4. Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a marketing communications strategy including goals and budget targeting the East African region.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high level placement within print, broadcast, digital and online media to ensure a regional and global presence.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry platforms.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create, design and deliver effective communication for press releases, articles, advertisements, newsletters and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis for partners and clients.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations on the communications strategy.
- Develop and manage the organisation’s brand identity.
- Coordinate staff in arranging and running high profile community events, and represent CREEC at such events.
- Support the development and use of social media platforms to enhance the organisation’s presence and facilitate community dialogue and engagement.
- Design and conduct regular training modules and programmes for the PR and Marketing section to further horn media utilization skills.
- Perform other activities as assigned by the supervisor.
- 5. Requirements
- A degree in Public Relations, Mass Communications or related field(s).
- An up-to-date CV showing relevant skills and experience
- Reference letter from the university
- Daytime contact number
- Copies of certificates
- 6. Skills Required
- Knowledge in Website design hosting and management.
- Editorial qualities
- Self- motivated
- High level of autonomy at work yet with a proven team spirit
- Adaptive , patient, resilient and of sound mind
- High proficiency in the use of Ms Office (Word, Excel, and Project)
- 7. Work Environment
- The Intern works from CREEC offices / premises
- The nature of the work is sometimes physically demanding
- Leisure disruption is minor arising from travel to the field(s)
- A flexible work schedule that is mutually convenient.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than June 20, 2016