CREEC ATTENDS A “TRAINER OF TRAINERS COURSE IN COLOGNE, GERMANY.
Masendi Patrick during a practical session in the “Trainer of Trainers” training
Masendi Patrick a recognized solar instructor and Research Executive at CREEC attended the recently concluded a “Trainer of Trainers” course that took place in Cologne, Germany. This training is designed to help train a pool of instructors, who then further train other instructors both for the training institutes and for the private sector amf therefore causing a multiplication effect. Overall, the main objective of this training is to improve vocational education and training in Uganda through more practice-oriented elements. The training which started from 17th to 28th July took place at the training centre- Butzweilerhof. Handwerkskammer zu Kӧln is a Partnership Project between the Chamber of Skilled Crafts and Small Industries Cologne and the Uganda Small Scale Industries Association (USSIA) and Uganda Manufacturers Association (UMA). Some of the topics that were tackled during the theoretical and practical training included;
- Working with S-Plan 7.0 Software
- Designing and Creating a block diagram according to the given software
- Designing and Creating an electrical plan according to the given software
- Installation of a solar plant
- Grid net forms, Line breakers, RCD
- Measurement of voltage, rotation field, ΔT, ΔI, LowZ, R-Iso and continuity
- The five safety rules in electricity
- Measurements in solar photovoltaic system
- Mounting Cable plugs
- Roof Mounting systems for solar panels
- Inverter, battery charging systems, lighting protection
CREEC’s participation in this training could not have been at a better time as the centre is currently in the process of organizing a solar technician training starting 21st to 25th August 2017. Mr Masendi Patrick who is the lead instructor for the CREEC trainings will be imparting the skills and experiences that he obtained to the participants who will be attending what will be CREEC’s second solar training this year.